1.29.2009

I Am Waiting For A Bus


1.29.09
7:38pm
I have had a headache for over a week.
It comes and goes, but always, it is there...eating my brain like the Conqueror Worm.
I wish it was a tumor so I could just kill myself and get it over with.
Orgasms and generic ibuprofen seem to stave it off for a while though, so.
Next.
I have been seeing these new Pepsi ads that contain the new logo.
I'd like to repeat here some of the slogans without the eye-catching and very expensive graphic design that usually accompanies them:
"Sooooooweet"
"pop pop pop"
and
"Yo"
I enjoy that the first one kind of sounds like a pig call.
Someone was given a fucktoin of money to "design" these.
Fuck you and give me some.
Finally (FINALLY) had a really great moment today.
Last night, I found out about a Battleship audition today (they are re-re-reinventing the classic plastic-pegs-in-plastic-boats game) for which they were looking for a Don LaFontaine movie trailer voice.
In case you don't know who that is...well, you obviously haven't been watching TV, movies or listening to the radio for the last fifty years.
In a nutshell, he's the guy that people are imitating when they start off a faux movie trailer by saying "in a world..."
He was one of the highest paid actors (let alone voice actors) in the world and now he's dead.
Today, I was told that I sounded just like him in the audition and that I should have a future in his area.
That, is the coolest thing anyone in the business has ever said to me.
Now if only Milton Bradley will agree with this producer and give me summa dat CHEEEEZ.
Seeing They Might Be Giants on Saturday (Jess' first TMBG concert!) and Michael Ian Black on Sunday.
And I will drink my weight in blood...I swear it...
Out.

No comments: