2.20.2005

Yang.

2.19.05
10:48 pm
So when a button starts blinking on my panel, I ask the resident if they need assistance. Then, no matter what they say (unless it is very specific) I reply, “Someone’s on their way.” Then I announce to the speaker at the Nurse’s Station that assistance is needed in room whatever. Sometimes a resident will ring twice in an hour or even twice in ten minutes. These residents can need anything from immediate medical attention to a glass of water to a fresh diaper. Anyway, someone might need more than one thing in a small period of time, especially if they are old and confused or senile etc. This one room has been blinking for a while. I answer the call then tell the nurse’s station to go to said room. Same thing happens five minutes later. Same thing seven minutes later. Finally, I call the nurse’s station and ask them to send someone in. They responded: “Oh, her? We were just in there.” I say: “Yes. That’s what you get paid for. Now send someone in there.” And I hung up.
The mentality of almost every one of these fucking unintelligible, lazy cocksuckers is that of an assassin; one shot, bang, it’s over, never have to deal with this person again, when they should instead deal with their position that of a baby sitter. I mean, you don’t fucking go, check on the baby and then take a nap, you are constantly paying attention to it so it doesn’t swallow poison or creepy old men. I hate these morons working here. And before you snicker. I am NOT a moron, I am just very lazy…almost dangerously so, but I am not stupid nor am I without compassion. These bastards would happily leave an old women soaking in a bog of her own feces as long as they didn’t get caught. I’d love to be able to leave my post and g up to these non-responding floors and bitch at these assholes. Anyway, I’m going to go back to watching DVD’s. Although you’ll be happy to know the mute button is OFF and I am attending to each and every call I am getting within 30 seconds. I don’t know if it’s my conscience or the look of horror in Hilary’s artic blue eyes today at lunch, but if I were in this position, and after my eye surgeries I was sort of, all I could do was drink water and piss and I have no idea how much time passed between each trip from the bathroom to the bed to the water pitcher to the bed to the bathroom etc. All I know is that I hated being helped and would only call when I needed it, but when I needed it, like I said, I needed it. Some of the people here like to just get attention and will buzz just because. They enjoy being waited on. Either way, I have no idea if these people need help or just want help so, remembering where I was for most of 9th grade, I will try t stop muting the residents here.
But I still plan on hanging up on assholes. That’s my prerogative.

No comments: