2.22.2005

Behold Paulus, Veritable God Star of the Two Lands

2.22.05
10:05pm
Saturday night I worked 7pm to 7am Sunday morning. Sunday night to Monday morning I worked 7pm to 7am. Since it was a holiday weekend, I worked the same from Monday night to Tuesday morning. I had to wake up two hours after my shift ended to go to a rehearsal for Lysisrata: The Musical (the new title of Women of Athens). I arrived back home at 1 or so and had a shower; I was about to take a sleep when I was called in to work from 3pm to 11pm. Things inside my head are very very weird. I discussed this godcurse with Philip and he explained that sleep deprivation is like a well. The longer you go without sleep, the deeper the well, BUT if you go with NO SLEEP AT ALL, the well remains covered, but, if you take a small nap to “recharge” (as I did from 7:30 to 9 this morning) you open the well and fall in.
Anyway, the purpose of this entry, the Slow Poke Mexican Mouse came back in and has bee using the phone for five minutes or so, When he was in here before he was talking like the mouse slow, sedated, annoying etc. However, this conversation was with a family member who he was trying to get to pick him up tomorrow so it was much more energetic (I don’t think he likes it here, something about hearing strange voices in the night). He sounded like a Spanish Muppet. I have never actually seen the guy and I think if I did it would ruin the image I have of him in my mind: A sick puppet with a big bushy moustache and a sombrero. I can’t wait to start imitating him to everyone I know. I feel soooo strange today. What the hell have I done to myself. I got a package from my parents, it contains cereal. Ceeeeereal. I also got my comforter from Land’s End. It is to be charcoal gray. It shall be snuggly. I NOW UNDERSTAND THE TRUE MEANING OF THE PAULITOSPHERE. Granted it will take several lifetimes to express it in anything but lustful grunts, but I’ll keep whacking away at it. Inside all of you is a little me. I wan you all to embrace me and have a conversation with me. Talk about my favorite foods, my favorite textures and ducks and you will feel at peace with everything. Absofuckinglutely EVE RY THING. I suggest you do it now before I sleep tonight and dream you all into a different place. A place where it might take days or weeks for me to find you. You would NOT want to be lost in my subconscious. What a dark and shining place that is. Everything looks shiny from here I am now. I an on the threshold of something. About to pass over into another Place. Tomorrow, I will be a talking raccoon. I am fine with this. THE PHONE. Don’t worry I got it. Something is wrong and I can fix it but will I choose to do so? Hm. I AMMMM a progressive thinker. But am I progressive tinkerer? I tink not.
Angie has reentered my life after a year of being away. I never realized how much I missed her til I spoke with he for an hour between naps at the hospital. She will be drawn to the City at some point hopefully. I remember little of our conversation and the changes made to the opening number of Lysistrata this morning because the lack of sleep (aside from making my feel like an elephant without hands) it has muddled my memory a bitty poo. I think there was a note change but I’ll have to ask. I listened to nothing but the new nineinchnails song on the way too and froo the rehearsal this morning. I guess I like it now. Fert. Well, I think the stream has dried up. Oh my gooly gosh, I can hear the rats in the wall. They are chewing on things best left unmentioned in polite society. You filthy bastards, YOU are responsible for Thompson’s death. YOU. I put that lame on your fucking heads. May the burden of it shatter your dirty necks. Hilary is also someone I have to maintain contact with. Her show was good. I feel I should do something like it, but I don’t have enough terrible things in my life to warrant an audience. Maybe I could just sit naked in a cage eating cheese balls and Big Macs for an hour. That’s art, isn’t it? I am fucking hope so. A root beer soda is nothing. I made it up but you will never hear me admit it. You picky choosey cockhorse. Eat all the cock you want and may you choke on the resulting spume. Also, Phil is having some trouble dancing. Help him if you canlkn ./

No comments: