2.13.2005

and the clock...stopped...never to run again...

2.13.05
4:11 am
I just finished watching the classic 1987 cinema masterpiece, The Running Man. This is one of the worst movies I have ever seen and if I had not been paid for the time I spent watching said masterpiece, I would be furious. This movie raises a question: What is with movie makers taking titles and character names and the most basic of plot points from old Stephen King novels and then making them into feature length movies? It’s amazing. Fight Club the movie was more like Stephen King’s Running Man than the film version of Running Man. The movie The Lawnmower Man is linked to the King short story by the title alone. I… Hm. You know what? My brain is so numb right now that I can’t even describe any of this to you.
I command you all to see this movie.
I am now going to listen to the commentary track for Shaun of the Dead. Tomorrow (Sunday), I plan to sleep, walk a puppy, then once I get to the Hospital, read comics provided by Alan, watch Fight Club and…I don’t know…maybe…some James Bond? I might start reading the final book of the Dark Tower series. I own and have listened to all seven on audio, but I have yet to finish actually reading the last book. Maybe I’ll write something.
Remember, if you’re interested, Tuesday, February 17th at the Boarders bookstore inside the AOL Time Warner building at Columbus Circle, free They Might Be Giants in store thing. They will start at 7pm so show up a bit early. Also, anyone interested in seeing Hilary’s show on Saturday the 19th, we need to get tickets soon.
Jesus. My mind is still numb from Running Man.

No comments: