4.30.2016

End of the Month Music Bitchfest - April 2016

Well, my ass just got morcellated by the government, but it's all worth it when you look at the plethora of new ah shit there's nothing.

Nine Inch Nails
OR IS THERE?! It looks like Reznor, Mrs. Reznor, and Mrs. Finck-Reznor are all involved in the new season of Twin Peaks. While some people speculate that Reznor will be acting in the third season*, I'm confident that this just means a Reznor/Reznor/Finck reimagining of the original TP score**, but this time, with more dissonance! And, since Julee Cruise was also tagged, maybe Trent will give her some good music over which to caterwaul.
We won't know until next month, when second-long blips of music start rolling out from nin.com every week until mid 2017, when the show airs.

They Might Be Giants
TMBG have wrapped up their "Phone Power Tour"*** and, aside from some make-up dates and a small handful of special appearances this year, will go into hiding to create A WHOLE NEW YEAR OF MUSIC FOR 2017.
I'm shocked I've made it almost halfway through the year without getting the TMBG DTs...


In other news, Garbage released a new song from their upcoming album and it's...a Garbage song. Meh.

MOTHER FEATHER'S ALBUM IS OUT IN TWO WEEKS BUT I'VE BEEN LISTENING TO IT ALMOST NON-STOP FOR A MONTH. THE REVIEW IS FORTHCOMING.

Finally, I still don't quite believe that Prince is dead. Just typing that feels impossible. Score one for that bastard God; what is the ONLY WAY to make the world forget about Bowie's death? Kill Prince.
You fucking cunt.
Why can't Justin Bieber die? Or any of the, literally, hundreds of goddamn awful shitty "singers" out there? At some point soon, I'm going to watch his three films, bawl myself stupid and then accept this, but, not yet.
Also, these as-yet-unconfirmed rumors that the man died of AIDS and had been living with HIV since the mid fucking 90's seem ridiculous. He WAS sex, so how could he POSSIBLY have contracted a sexually transmitted disease? That's like saying the sun got skin cancer or the ocean drowned...
Prince is responsible for some of the best moments in me and my best friends' lives, and I'll never forget that. Yet another truly unique soul in this parade of gray mediocrity has been lost and the universe will never recover.
One thing I will say: if his goddamn sister had anything to do with his death, my dwindling faith in humanity will be absolutely extinguished and I shall devote myself, fully, to ending this sick and broken world.

* We are calling it a new season, not a reboot or series, right?

** Oh Christ, I hope he's not acting in it...

*** Which, oddly enough, only features three songs from the album after which it takes its name...

No comments: