8.01.2013

I Will Be Your Frankenstein...Again

Today, I had my first session with Speakaboos in a while, since just after my honeymoon, in fact.
There were two items on the agenda; the first was a re-record of Frankenstein as the first version was scaring kids a bit (the writing, not my VO, you puds) and the second is something I can't talk about yet, but also something that brought such joy and warmth to my heart.
I'm not a nervous auditioner.
I am confident enough in my abilities as a voice actor so that nerves have never really been an issue.
Add to that the fact that, in some cases, talent has nothing to do with it, and feeling nervous about such things is not a problem for me.
When it comes to bookings, what is there to be nervous about? I already got the job, they saw what I had to offer and dug it, of course I'm going to meet (or exceed) their expectations...I already have.
Walking into today's Speakaboos session, I was nervous. Not because I wasn't confident in my abilities, not because the folks I was working with didn't know how good I am at this sort of thing (I've been working with Speakaboos for about a year now, they know what I'm capable of) but because what I was doing was...important. It was huge.
Not that the normal Speakaboos sessions aren't, they are doing something unique and doing it well, but today...this...this had...magic.
Honest, real, pure, powerful childhood magic.
I've been saying for a while that getting to work with people like Speakaboos is the reason that I got into voice acting and I mean it; I'm not one to throw that around, but...today...was so much more.
Hopefully the beginning of a new and even more amazing chapter of my work with Speakaboos.

Also, for those of you with iPads, I was informed that the Speakaboos iPad app updates about once a week with new material and that, this week, "The Three Little Pigs" has been added.
In "The Three Little Pigs", I play Paul (not relation), one of the less...architectural...of the little pigs. I found out today that the pig who gets it right...was voiced by Bob Vila.
I am in "The Three Little Pigs" with Bob Vila.

That was today for me.

Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: