3.28.2013

I Got Married. I Got Married So Hard.

And, once I return from my honeymoon on the 15th, maybe I'll be able to string two thoughts together to talk about it.

Some quick thank yous:

To those who travelled crazy distances to be with Chris and I on the day and on the days leading up to the day: Will and Diana, Autumn, Jim and Jen, Jeannie and Jade.

To Phil and Will for helping to construct and carry out the most insane bachelor party since reading quietly in a sun-dappled parlour while nursing a cup of tea* and a plate of digestive biscuits.

To our respective wedding parties for being on stand-by and making sure I had pants on.

To everyone who made it to the thing itself; I cannot tell you how great it felt to look out and give a shit about everybody there. None of that "is that my cousin's boyfriend or my doctor's niece?" bullshit. Just awesome people.

To those who couldn't make it: totally understood, not a problem, we still felt your love. It was durty.

And, finally, to Christina, for taking the bait.
SUCKA!!!!!

One quick note: if you are planning on getting married: hire a wedding planner. We did not and hate ourselves for it, although, somehow (mostly thanks to Mel and her fabulousness) it all came together with, virtually, no problems.
None that anyone could see, anyway.
As I told a lot of people that night, there are three kinds of mistakes in theater, one that everybody notices, one that only the cast and crew notice and one that only you notice. There were none of the first (except for the fact that we ran out of cranberry juice earlier than expected...sorry), a small handful of the second and one or two of the third.
That math is just fine with me.

All right.
I'm married.





* Chamomile

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yay murried! -Kat, the seestor