10.17.2012

Some Movies I've Watched Recently

This post is about rough, throbbing, wet sex.

Just kidding, it's about some movies I've watched recently.

First, I finally watched Super 8, and, aside from admiring the solid child actors, I really didn't give much of a shit about it. Who knew that Spielberg and Abrams would make such a bland pudding?

Next, Chris and I watched Cronenberg's Videodrome, which I had never seen.
Wow.
Wowy wowy wow.
Cronenberg.
W the fuck.
This man can get your attention and hold it, I will say that. He can also provide a juicy bag of nightmares for anyone who watches his films. I was saddened to hear that his latest film was a wash.  I'm probably going to take another look at Existenz as I remember it was pretty awesome. And maybe Crash. The good one. With the leg-wound coitus.
Also, how did the FCC not have a problem with Dave Matthews saying repeatedly in the 90's that he wanted to "come into" that woman? I mean...that's pretty racy. They censored the word "gun" in music from the 90's, but you're allowed to come into people?
What up, double standard?
And speaking of Dave Matthews, have you noticed that his songs are all about fucking or drugs or murder? I saw him in concert with Will on his tour supporting "Before These Crowded Streets" and neither of us knew what the big deal with having his violinist sing was. We didn't pay for that. Play your fucking violin.

Put in a lot of work on Unker & Physia this morning before work. Re shot some stuff that got messed and then did a bunch of bumpers and little things that turned out pretty great. The final U&P shoot for a while is set for Friday morning...if we can find that special lady...the lady that Unker is going to fall in love with...
After the shoot this morning, work. I'm going to have to face the shattering fact that, not only is Jen going to be gone from this place in a matter of weeks, but that she is never going to work here because of some really horrible people she has come into contact with. One really horrible person anyway.
And it isn't me.
Asshole.
Once I get home (in about an hour or so), the second digressive_obscenity podcast shall be recorded.
This time it is one of my best friends, Will (the guy I saw the DMB with).
I'm going to do my best to have this be something that he is proud to have his full name on.
Well...not proud.
But at least he won't plead for anonymity, as with BTR.
Oh, shit, BTR...
I forgot to mention that Andy Omega (one half of the Bookend Tiger Radio Dynamic Duo) has up and fucking moved from the L.A. to the N.Y.C.! So, this means two things: one, there will be a delay in the posting of my return to BTR and, two, the next bunch of BTR will be recorded at my very own DO studios...maybe. Fingers crossed.
Mofo visits New York for a week then pulls up stakes and freaking moves here.
I love his balls.
No homo.

Done.

No comments: