11.30.2017

End of the Month Music Bitchfest - November 2017

Had spinal surgery on the 18th of this month, but right before that, on the 17th, I received my review copy of the new TMBG. And, although I am embargoed...it's fantastic. Look for the full review in early January.

Aside from the new TMBG, I've really just been listening to those NIN EPs, the new St. Vincent, and the new Beck.

Opinions have emerged further on all four releases: Not The Actual Events is really good (received my CD of that recently and it's a perfect interpretation of the vinyl package and art, just smaller), but Add Violence is one of their best, tightest releases ever, Masseduction might be surpassing St. Vincent as my favorite album of hers*, and Colors is still lacking a lot for me. While I understand where Beck's in making such an album, I just don't love the album.

In December, I'm seeing St. Vincent as she wraps up the US leg of her Fear The Future tour, Mother Feather at Knitting Factory, and TMBG's triumphant return to the stage on both the 30th and 31st at the Music Hall of Williamsburg...where, hopefully, they'll play "Last Wave", as I need to stand amongst a crowd of people and sing that chorus out loud.
Oh man I can't wait 'til folks get to hear I Like Fun...

Also...there might be something from Nine Inch Nails on December 5th. Not the new EP, but, if not a song, then at least a tease, update, or image introducing yet another art style over which fans can get hard. Reznor and Ross are going to be on Song Exploder, but the song being exploded (?) is "The Lovers", so...who knows...I could just be wrong.

* Which is thrilling as I can't think of many bands whose subsequent albums get better and escape that godawful stereotype of their-first-was-their-best.

No comments: