11.30.2013

It was late and I watched "R.I.P.D." and "In Time"

And I took notes.


R.I.P.D.!!!!

About two minutes into R.I.P,D. and I'm screaming "Kevin Bacon did it!!!!" into my screen, let's see if 32 years of not being surprised by movies starring Kevin Bacon have taught me anything...

Didn't know this was a fun, Men In Black romp kind of thing, I thought it was some overly dramatic crime shit like Cradle 2 Tha Grave or that other one starring DMX and Steven Seagal's ponytail.
See? Advertising doesn't work on me.

Ryan Reynolds should be America's ambassador of smarm and jackassery.
He should also be Deadpool.

Has someone already described this as "Beetlejuice" meets "Men In Back"?

Their "camo" intro was pretty amazing. Well done.

"Eternal Affairs" - Jesus.
As in: "Oh, Jesus, that's a bad pun", I'm not implying that Jesus is the head of Eternal Affairs...although I guess that would make sense, wouldn't it?

Jumping right to the Apocalypse? Wow, where do you go from there?

There must be hundreds of old, Chinese men ready to swoop in when James Hong finally dies...in 2036.

This was damn fun.
Looking forward to the sequel?
(checking IMDB)
Never mind.
(checking wiki)
Wow. Had no idea this movie was being considered for this year's Worst Picture AND Worst Actor.
I didn't really see a difference between how Reynolds acted in this and in, you know, everything else. Can someone tell me when / if Reynolds has ever been considered good in anything?

IN TIME!!!!!

They explained the entire premise in less than a minute, now we have two whole hours to check out this world.
Well done.

Going in, I've heard the world is awesome but the movie is shit.
Let's see what the horse's mouth has to say.

How could any world allow a fine piece of ass like Justin Timberlake to die that young?!
Also, the fact that he's playing 25 even though he's 32 means he's taking MUCH better care of himself than I am.

Great device to have a lot of hot young things run around and act weird.

The flipside of "eternal affairs" from R.I.P.D. are the new meanings to the old, overused adages and idioms about time, i.e. "don't waste my time, clean your clock", good stuff.

I like the look of this as well, nicely shot.

I feel like a lot of this started with puns...
Puns and weed.

PETE CAMPBELL IS IN THIS!!!!!

Pete is the PERFECT 85 year old 25 year old. Well fucking done, faceless Hollywood casting agent.

Even in the future. Even in an alternate timeline. JT makes them panties DRAWP.

The chick, Sylvia, looks a bit like an alien if you stare at her too long, like a word that stops making sense when you say it too much.

The hand fighting was a bit weird, especially because JT turned into James Bond for a moment, killing three guys in two seconds. I thought he wasn't a criminal.

Also, almost forgot to mention: Scarecrow, what?

Yeah, world and its rules were interesting but I actually didn't think the movie itself was that bad.
At least Scarecrow didn't reveal he was JT's dad.

And, again, PETE CAMPBELL!!


Thanks for being a spectator to my wispy, late night driftings.




No comments: