2.22.2013

A List Of Why Today Is Good

In no particular order.

1. In less than 30 days, I'm getting married (getting our license on Monday)

2. Tomorrow, my One and Only is going to surprise me with something here in the city. And I'm completely in the dark about what it could be.

3. I have another session with the wonderful and excellent Speakaboos next week.

4. My podcast (digressive_obscenity) is going strong, and I'm getting a bunch of new subscribers every day.

5. I'm in the midst of recording my second audio book and it's going great.

6. The new music I've been looking forward to isn't just not disappointing, thus far it's all been excellent (Eels, Atoms For Peace, How To Destroy Angels) AND it's not even all out yet (They Might Be Giants, Bowie).

7. Production has begun on the They Might Be Giants music video for "You're On Fire", starring Peter Firehead, who may or may not be the song's inspiration.

8. Seeing Eels LIVE in a week.

9. Had a psychic flash earlier today that, based on Reznor's promise of "big news next week", he'll announce Nine Inch Nails' return to the stage at the end of 2013...with opening band How To Destroy Angels.

10. I accidentally became a vegetarian (okay, pescatarian) for a few days and will continue being one, just to see what will happen. I hope this will somehow make up for my experience with Redbull some years ago.

No comments: