2.06.2012

FOR SCIENCE!!!!!!!!!!!

This Saturday, I had me my science party.
Yes, there was science.
Fire and freezing and shattering and a bunch of fun stuff that would have gotten me expelled had I ever dared to do any of it in school.
Aside from having to resort to "poor man's liquid nitrogen" because some monster fuckmaster from T.W. Smith told me I could get the LN2 from noon to fucking four on Saturday forgot to mention that when he said "noon to four" he fucking meant "eight to noon".
God damn cuntflaps.
But, a million thanks to my One and Only who snapped to and tracked down 15 pounds of dry ice.
While not as dangerous or cold (-70 C) as LN2 (-321 C), it still has the capability to maim people, so, at least there was that.
Once I saw some videos of dry ice doing its ting, I stopped throwing my tantrum (and it was the closest thing to a tantrum I've had since I was 5) and the evening got started.
Seriously though, I felt like a little kid who had been promised a clown and who had told ALLLL the kids coming to the party that there was going to BE a clown...but then, at the last minute, the clown was killed by Nazis.
Who then raped the clown in front of the kid.
Laughing.
So, yeah.
But, despite the lack of potential lethal liquid elements, everything went super swimmingly.
Special shout outs (along with Chris) to Jan and Jim who brought a fucking trebuchet that was assembled with liquid quickness by Jen Rock and the Original Jen.
Also, to New Friend, Karyn Joy DeAwesomename, Becca's friend who joined in the science and shattered the shit out of some flowers.
We hope to see more of you guys the next time things get scientific.

The next day, Chris and I had Brunch with Kathy and I ate deep friend bacon for the first and last time in my life.
I can still hear it screaming in my colon just planning how to get back at me for eating it.
Its revenge will include bloody stool, I fear...

Later that day though, Chris and I watched Hunter S. Thompson's The Rum Diary and it was awesome.
The story and acting and everything were all right, but what it was...was amazing...
Rum Diary was basically Batman Begins for Hunter S. Thompson.
It's his origin story and it's pretty incredible to see what went into making him him.
I still miss that guy...
If you're looking for a crazy drug trip with mostly unintelligible dialogue, watch Fear & Loathing, but, if you want a less psychedelic film, and would like to Aaron Eckhart lose his shit, check out Run Diary.

I'm still crafting my account of my trip to Los Angeles at the end of January, so, hold tight...you, one person who is reading this, you'll get your butter tarts soon...

Exhausted today after only getting eight hours or so and waking up for, of all fucking things, an Odor Eaters VO.
Yeah, they still make those.
At least the copy wasn't fucking warm and friendly with a hint of a smile.
They sort of embraced the fact that their product is going to be purchased by people with smelly feet.

All right.
On your way.

No comments: