4.14.2011

Wazzer.

4.14.11

3:25 pm

 

I've heard awful things about Sucker Punch, and that makes me sad.

 

I've realized that this French goddess from the Bacardi shoot, Carolina, and my friend from high school, Katrina Pavlovich, are dark and light versions of the same person.

 

I've watched every inch of the third Jackass movie and laughed quite uproariously at certain points. I am confident in saying that I could watch an 8-hour Jackass movie and still not be tired of their antics. I am also confident in saying that all the people who think Jackass is stupid and puerile and etc would also laugh their pretentious, "high brow" asses off after sitting down and watching a few choice scenes.

 

I've listened to most of the new Foo Fighters and I'm not overly impressed, but I put my full 'Nine Types of Light' review up on Amazon, if you're interested.

 

I've come down with a touch of pre-order sickness with regards to Playstation 3 games, having put down ghost money on the new Mortal Kombat, Portal 2 and L.A. Noire (which isn't coming out for over a month). Why on earth would I, Mister Instant Gratification, pre-order something? Because Amazon keeps giving me money to do so, that's why.  For MK, they're giving me $10, another $10 for L.A. Noire and $20 for Portal 2, PLUS a random $5 off the original game price.

That's $45...FOR BUYING VIDEO GAMES.

I think this Amazon thing is going to work out...

 

I have (for the moment) abandoned The West Wing about halfway through season six in deference of the final season of Big Love.

Watched the first three episodes last night and the bottom just keeps dropping out for these poor, fake people, culminating in the darkest Christmas episode of ANYTHING I have ever seen. I'd list the horrible things that happened here, but it's just too heavy. Crazy black stuff for a holiday episode. And not even "funny" black, just "suicide" black, although some things still manage to be kind of funny...while still having pitch black ripples...all of which have to be wrapped up in the next eight or nine episodes. There's almost always a bittersweet feel to a good show's final season. I think that anywhere between four to seven seasons is best, as long as the later ones don't jump the shark and there's still stuff worth talking about. I enjoy the feeling that people are going to die in a show's final season, that there is some finality.

Does that make me morbid?

Or just a completionist? 

 

Aside from the television, I've been reading a book! Yes, a book! It was given to me by Jim as a birthday present. It's called The War For Don Emmanuel's Nether Parts. It was a touch inaccessible at first and remains wildly roundabout at times, but, now that I'm into it, I'm into it deep. The juxtaposition of the horror and beauty of the land and the horror and beauty of the people is overwhelming at times, hilarious at others.

 

Phil has finally gotten the final final draft of Grind Show back and is now painstakingly coding it into Kindle format...and soon it shall be mine to read and record, the first of many steps towards the two of us making huge amounts of filthy, filthy greenbacks.

Which are a type of fish, I'm told.

Non-edible, highly poisonous fish.

 

Also, on a creative whim, I wrote and recorded a song for a lifetime friend of Will's, Brooke.

At the time of the writing/recording, I had met her twice, once while visiting Will in D.C. years ago and once at Will's wedding en Colombia*.

I had a feeling she was awesome, but couldn't prove that, although Will openly attested to the fact.

Since the presentation of the song and a handful of back and forths (including a picture of her and some friends in mini-skirts and high heels firing Uzis) I am certain, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that she is, in fact, awesome.

I am hugely looking forward to June, when she is planning to swing by the city for a Fountain Tour, where I will spend a day with her and we will get to know one another.

And most likely share hilarious and damning stories about Will.

Involving...the difficulty of pillow talk...and...stuff...

 

Okay.

That's fine.

That's fine.

 

 

 

 

 

* That is Spanish for "in Colombia".

No comments: