12.03.2008

The new Guns 'N' Roses album...


...is not very good.
In fact, it's quite bad.
It's bad for a continuation to Use Your Illusion I and II.
It's bad for a straight up Guns 'N' Roses album.
It's bad for a straight up album.
It sounds like the year 2000 or maybe 2002.
The only surprises on it are just how bad and overwrought Axl Rose sounds.
If you are a fan of Guns N Roses, re-listen to the earlier albums and pretend this never happened.
I read a huge review in a recent Onion that gave it an A- and compared it to a unicorn amongst horses ("should we compare its beauty to that of an average horse or simply marvel at the fact that it even exists?").
I then found out that the "special guest reviewer" was a huge GNR fanboy.
It would be like asking me to objectively review a new Nine Inch Nails album.
Not possible.
To be fair though, both this reviewer and Axl Rose say you have to listen to it several times to really "get it".
Thing is: I get it.
It is sucky.
It represents fourteen years of effort and it's terrible.
That is SO depressing.
Anyway, it is my top Secret Santa Joke Gift Item this year.
So, if you and I are somehow in a Secret Santa together, and I get your name, you know what you're getting.
But you have NO IDEA what you're getting into...
Meanwhile, the first episode of the Diesel Dance Party is now online at http://www.diesel.com/.
I am only in the first episode as "the guy putting hoods on people" (you REALLY need to see this) but I'm all over the next five (that's six episodes total, friends) as "The Voice of God" or "The Dance Commander".
I made up that second one, but, believe me, it applies like mascara, bitch.
And, yet no one reads this, I continue...

No comments: