4.28.2005

Media Frenzy

4.28.05
7:29am
So, I know you all know that I work in a Hospital. Not all of you know the name though. If you do know the name, do a Google search for two recent events; one tragic, one sort of…irresponsible I suppose? With that being said: the Media has been trying to contact employees here at the hospital to get info about these events. I was told that I will be contacted by the Media today, but that I am not to say anything. This is FAR too good an opportunity to pass up. Today is going to be fun.

P.S. Anyone read the Daily News today?
P.P.S. Middle of page ten?

Also, the State Dept. has several representatives here as well. They have already fired one member of the staff for not paying attention to his job. My remaining time here can now be measured in hours!!!

Now, a topic having NOTHING to do with the missing, frozen, partially autopsied body of an 87-yaer old woman…

Things are bubbling. Bubbling xmax, if you will…and I think that you will. This incorporeal poltergeist of excitement is beginning to take solid shape. It seems to be manifesting in the form of a bull. An Excitement Bull, fully equipped with Horns of Anticipation. Friends, I am ready to be gored. Ready xmax, to be gored xmax.
At the moment, my living room has been rotated 90 degrees, the empty room that will be officially Philip’s in a matter of hours is not empty and I have a DVD from Netflix that has been in my possession, unwatched, for almost a month.

Xmaxcitement
Nyarlethotep Beck KJUDOS TrotterNAIRE XMAX 5.14.05
The new NIN album in 5.1 Surround 5.03.05
NIN in concert 5.16.05
Free screening of Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy 4.28.05 (show up at the Ziegfield [141 W. 54th] BEFORE 7:30 tonight to come with me or call my cell)
Family Guy live cast reading and new episode screening 4.29.05
Getting ripped as shit 4.27.05 - __.__.__


**MEDIA UPDATE** The first call just came in at 8:09am from NY1 News!! My demeanor was coy and maybe even a little rambunctious, but I kept my lips tightly sealed about the matter at hand. I did make sure to inform them that one of their news people interviewed me when I was Hagrid. That gave the lady pause, and then she hung up. More news as it comes in…**MEDIA UPDATE**

Lysistrata: The Musical Redux 5.21.05-5.22.05
An interesting note about this show and its aftereffects on me: After the show closed, I felt this CRUSHING depression and loneliness. It was like theatrical post partum, seriously. I had this shared bond with these 10 new people for three months and then, BAM, gone. Thinking it over in a clearer state of mind, I decided that I would probably only want to hang out with a few of them and maybe one of them would probably want to hang out with me. Once I applied a healthy smear of logic to the situation, I started feeling better instantly. Philip being in close vicinity also helped. Sometimes tea and Philip are better than a Prozac Colada. See, I have friends, close friends that I hang out with from time to time. Aside from them and the people I work with at the hospital, there aren’t really many social interactions in my life. I suddenly had TEN NEW SOCIAL CONTACTS and I suppose I got a little overloaded and when they were suddenly gone, a part of me felt like ten friends had just disappeared. Another big reason that affected me was my whole routine thing. These people had become part of a routine and that was altered quickly and violently. Like the deli on my corner being shutdown for health reasons…ick. We’ll find out how I really feel about them (and, I suppose, how they really feel about me) in a few weeks. If anyone really seems to have missed me or has a vested interest in hanging out, maybe I’ll actually try to form a friendship with them. If not, fuck them. They aren’t worth shitting on. I’ve got friends.

No comments: